We all know those couples: they’ve been together forever, they’re crazy about each other, and they somehow just make it look effortless. What’s their secret? Here are the top lessons to learn from successful couples:
· They stick it out. Successful couples don’t bail the moment things get rocky. They know the value of sticking it out, letting tough times or arguments play out, and seeing things through to the other side.
· They are best friends. These couples aren’t just romantic partners, they are best friends too. Their relationship has deepened to the point where they have formed a bond that goes beyond just dating, and they’ve become each other’s closest friends. The trust and respect you have for your best friend makes for a romantic relationship that is iron clad.
· They laugh at life. Even though stress and hard times come their way, they find ways to laugh at it and find humor together. Being able to laugh at life’s tough situations shows that no matter what, you’ll get through it.
· They deal with stress. Rather than letting stress build up until it explodes, successful couples deal with it. They talk about it and find ways to work through stress, rather than letting it fester.
COMMON: Man, I know I’m in love when I think about her a lot and I’m finding ways to get to that person. Even though I gotta work, even though I gotta take care of other responsibilities, I’m like yo, when am I gonna fly out and see that person? I look forward to seeing them.
KENDRICK LAMAR: How do you know you’re in love? When your heart feels it instead of your mind — and your penis don’t. You know, it’s deeper than that… That’s when you know.
PETE ROCK: Oh man you feel it right here, *touches heart*, right there, it’s like cupid’s shooting you in the heart, that shit’s just BOOW! Lots of people say they don’t believe in love at first sight, but I do, it’s happened to me.
A$AP ROCKY: You know you in love cuz you don’t want nobody else but that person. You know, that’s how you know for sure. Like you could see a million other bad bitches, but you know, but it don’t even matter, you stuck.
BIG BOI: Your heart flutters a little bit, you like to kiss on the mouth a lot, your neck get hot when you kiss on the mouth, that type of stuff. Stuff like that, yea.
QUESTLOVE: When that person consumes you.
- Girl Pockets: can fit a piece of lint. if you're lucky, two pieces of lint.
- Boy's Pockets: Can fit car keys, a notepad, a calculator, the neighbor's dog, an apartment complex, the entire state of Hawaii, and half of Jupiter.